by Gabe Dodd
This prayer may help you relax, feel better when you are sad or scared, deal with situations when you feel ashamed or embarrassed, and help you to concentrate.
What will you need?
How do you do it?
- Take deep breaths to begin to relax and focus on the entrance to the labyrinth.
- Place your pointer finger from your non-dominate hand on the entrance of the labyrinth. If you find this too awkward at first, use your dominate hand. However, over time, keep trying your non-dominate hand. This helps keep the mind focused on the meditation due to the challenge it presents.
- Slowly trace the pattern of the labyrinth with your finger allowing your mind to clear from extra thought and focus solely on following the path of the labyrinth.
- “Walk” to the centre of the labyrinth and rest momentarily, taking deep breaths observing how you are feeling.
- Retrace your path out of the labyrinth.
- Sit back, breathe deeply and relax. Observe how you are feeling again.
Labyrinth resources (Relax4Life)